The North Shore Animal League of America (NSALA) is looking to hire a Director of Foundation Relations to lead the effort to build and sustain relationships with national foundations and to leverage resources of the foundation community to help NSALA’s reach its organizational goals and grow its new national initiative. This will be done with a number of methods, including identifying new prospects and cultivating and stewarding relationships with program officers at regional and national foundations and corporations.
Other responsibilities include:
- Research and contact foundation and corporate contribution prospects;
- Prepare proposals as well as written research reports;
- Identify new donor prospects;
- Oversee prospect screening;
- Be the lead grant writer and liaison with institutional funders; and,
- Work closely to align grant sources to key strategic initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have at least 10 years of relevant leadership experience in successful corporate and foundation relations and be recognized for significantly expanding support for key initiatives. A demonstrated ability to plan, execute and successfully develop partnerships that lead to transformational support is essential. Confirmed knowledge of, and top-level contact with, major sources of corporate and foundation funding is required. Candidate must have a proven track of authoring successful proposals to foundations and corporations for grants of at least $100,000.
You can find more information by heading to our career center.