If you ever wanted to hold the position of CEO, our new featured nonprofit job from Homes for Children (HFC) will be of interest to you.
The chosen candidate for this position will be charged with oversight of fiscal and financial affairs, services provided, staff management, and the cultivation of community partnerships. As a strategic business partner reporting to the Board of Trustees, the Chief Executive Officer will reflect a value system that fosters leadership, integrity, and teamwork among staff and volunteers.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing vision and leadership to the organization;
- Providing direct supervision to the leadership and management team;
- Recruiting, training, developing, and mentoring staff;
- Developing fundraising strategies for the organization; and
- Overseeing and managing operational budgets and facilities.
It's no shock that being a CEO necessitates having a significant amount of executive experience. As such, HFC requires all applicants to meet the following requirements:
- An understanding and demonstrated knowledge of budget management;
- Ability to maintain and strengthen relationships with a wide range of constituencies, including internal staff, and external business, government, non-profit and community-based organizations;
- Entrepreneurial capacity to build community connections that will generate new programs and initiatives as well as expand extramural grants, contracts, and private giving to support the organization;
- The ability to advocate, articulate, and promote diversity and inclusiveness;
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills;
- Integrity and ethical qualities of the highest standards; and
- Evidence of strong managerial, administrative and supervisory capacity with staff and volunteer leadership;
- An entrepreneurial management style characterized by transparency and collaboration;