The chosen candidate for this position will be responsible for envisioning and managing the organization’s fundraising efforts. At a management level, the VP of Development serves as chief strategist for the organization’s fund development and provides primary staff support (in fundraising matters) for the President and Chief Executive Officer and the Board of Directors through its Development Committee.
Other responsibilities include:
- Setting and achieving, in close collaboration with the Board and President and Chief Executive Officer, the organization’s annual revenue goals.
- Developing and implementing a written plan for identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting of individuals, foundation and corporate potential donors
- Establish forecasts and prepare evaluations of fundraising potential by identifying and rating prospects.
- Assume a hands-on role in developing strategies and implementation plans for major gift work and planned giving with high wealth / top prospects.
- Develop calendars and implement action plans for all campaigns, membership programs, grant request and special events.
- Developing and maintaining a database of potential donors.
- Serving as a member of the organization’s management team by staying abreast of organizational issues and contributing to the overall management of the organization.
Qualified applicants will have a Bachelor's degree and at least five years of experience in fund development. Candidates should also have a passion for the Freedoms Foundation's mission: Helping to further educate the country's citizens.
You can apply for this job by visiting the NPT Jobs Career Center.