The Jewish Foundation of Greater Washington in Rockville, Md. is the latest organization looking for candidates in this field. The nonprofit is looking to hire a Director of Major Gifts to lead a team of fundraisers to raise critical dollars for multiple projects. These include humanitarian aid, community building, and social service projects. The chosen candidate will help this team of three development officers to create and implement a moves management and corporate sponsorship plan.
In order to qualify for this position, applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Intimate knowledge of and passion for the Jewish community, its customs and practices.
- Ability to set and evaluate metrics.
- Ability to motivate a team to meet and exceed target goals.
- High level of customer service.
- Exceptional organization and communication skills (both written and oral) with proficiency in English grammar and usage.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- 7-10 years of related experience with management and supervisory responsibilities.
- MBA or Master’s level degree in a related field preferred.
You can visit The NonProfit Times' career center to find out more about this job, including instructions on how to apply.