The American Chemistry Council (ACC) in Washington, D.C., is looking to hire a Director of Chemical Products Technology. The chosen candidate for this position will serve as the staff executive for several of ACC’s product specific groups. The position will have primary responsibility for managing issues, programs, staff, budget and advocacy efforts to achieve their assigned groups’ goals and objectives. This position will also work to coordinate activities of the groups with the broader ACC and other key local, national, regional and international organizations/stakeholders.
Given the field this organization works in, it's important that you have some background in chemistry before applying, though this is not required. Specific requirements include:
- Eight years of issue management experience in a business, trade, or advocacy organization;
- Strong leadership skills;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Organizational and budget management experience;
- Austomer/member focus with ability to facilitate consensus; capability to work within a large organization and foster coordination across groups; and,
- Strong technical competency with the ability to learn and manage complex issues.
If you are interested in applying for this position, head to the NPT Jobs Career Center for detailed application instructions.