The International Storytelling Center in Jonesborough, Tenn., is looking to hire an Executive Director to provide leadership and direction to ensure the organization’s sustainability and relevance. The successful candidate will provide effective fundraising, community collaboration, program development and attentive oversight to the operation of the International Storytelling Center.
The Executive Director will also be expected to:
- Advocate for the art of storytelling;
- Provide leadership by which the organization can achieve its vision;
- Increase, strengthen and diversify the organization’s funding sources;
- Broaden and refine all aspects of communications including web and social media presence;
- Provide fiscally sound financial management;
- Hire, develop and retain quality staff;
- Improve and expand programmatic offerings; and,
- Work effectively with the Board of Governors
Since this is an executive level job, applicants will be expected to have at least several years of upper management experience at a nonprofit or business. A Master's Degree in a related field is greatly preferred, though not required.
Interested? Head to our career center for more information, including instructions on how to apply.