Not everybody can be a rocket scientist but, thanks to the Nonprofit Job Seeker's latest featured position, you can get a space-related job.
The Space Foundation is Colorado Springs, Colo., is looking to hire a Chief Operating Officer to help lead the organization and develop a culture of performance. The COO must be a leader who is able to help others at the Space Foundation deliver measurable, cost-effective results that make the vision a reality. Most importantly, the successful candidate will have the skills, sensitivity, and personal confidence to tap into the power that each member of the team brings to this mission.
The major responsibilities of the COO include:
- Working in partnership with the CEO, continuously improve the strategic plan and implement new processes and approaches to achieving it;
- Collaborating with senior leadership, refine the operational aspects of all Foundation events, including scope, features, logistics and pricing, and provide on-side leadership during said events to ensure optimum performance, quality and customer satisfaction;
- Partnering with the Chief Financial Officer to manage the creation of the company’s operating plan, and manage the company’s performance to plan and budget;
- Leading the performance management process that measures and evaluates progress against goals for the organization;
- Providing for all team members a strong day-to-day leadership presence; bridge national and regional operations and support an open-door policy; and,
- Communicating the foundation's branded message internally and externally.
Sounds like a lot of work, right? If you think you have the necessary skills to be a successful COO, you should waste no time to apply. Head over to our career center to read more about this job, including the qualifications you must meet to be considered.