How well do you know the jobs at your nonprofit? Even if you think you have it all covered, it's important to undergo a thorough analysis of the positions at your organization.
- A job's context or its purpose, its work environment, and its place in the organization.
- The duties and responsibilities that employees carry out in the position.
- How people in the job are expected to act while accomplishing their work.
- Get direct employee and supervisor input.
- Gather data from multiple incumbents and supervisors.
- Use techniques that yield data that is concise, easy to update, and limits bias.