Shuck said at a recent DMA Nonprofit Federation New York Nonprofit Conference that organizations need to use events not as a way to avoid fundraising conversations, but as a way to spark them. Following are the areas emphasized by Shuck, and then the key metrics for each:
- Event: Number of events, participant satisfaction, repeat attendance.
- Participants: number of participants, registration time, team participation.
- Donors: Number of donors, donors per participant, percentage of participants with zero donors, percentage of self-donations and goal, number of emails sent per participant.
- Gifts: Number of gifts, amount per gift.
- Revenue: Return on investment (ROI), compound annual growth rate, growth against the national benchmark.