Here are some of the articles that you can expect to find in NPT's first issue of 2012:
- "Accounting Software": Accounting software is essential to the daily operations of financial functions. Find out why in this in-depth special report by Tim Mills-Groninger, a consultant to the Department of Homeland Security Science and Technology Directorate.
- "Electing To Campaign": Catholic Answers is one of more than 250 organizations investigated by the IRS because of activity during the 2004, 2006 and 2008 election cycles. More than half were found to be valid complaints; seven of those nonprofits lost their tax-exempt status.
- "Fans? HSUS Has A Million Of 'em": What do one million fans on Facebook look like? The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) has the answer – in the form of an infographic that details all sorts of information about its fans.
- "Bowling Green 'Raps" Up Big Fundraising Goal": Bowling Green University found a unique way to thank the donors who gave money to their recently completed $36-million center: A rap video.
- "Ask The Nonprofit Board Therapist": In his new column, Dennis C. Miller of Dennis C. Miller Associates answers your questions about nonprofit boards. This edition covers topics like increasing a board's effectiveness and handling disruptive board members.