Not on board the mobile fundraising bandwagon yet? Here are some tips to get started:
- Make it simple to text in a donation. For example, supporter of UNICEF's TAP Project need only to text "TAP" to a given number to make a $10 donation.
- On a related note, stick to one phone number for your mobile donations. There's no need to confuse your followers by having multiple numbers for all of your different campaigns.
- Integrate your mobile platform with existing channels.
- Make sure you to make your website mobile friendly. It's harder to browse the site if it's not optimized for smart phone use.
- Allow your supporters to opt-in to get breaking news and other alerts texted directly to their phones.