While both categories are important, we're going to feature the Human Services posting here. Take a look:
Type of Grant: Human Services
Grant Name: Applying Technology for Humanitarian Causes
Agency(s): IEEE Foundation
Closing Date for Applications: Two deadlines – March 15, 2013 or August 6, 2013
The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Foundation is offering grant opportunities for organizations seeking ways to improve the lives of others using technology. The IEEE Foundation supports projects that implement or disseminate replicable, sustainable, technology-based solutions for humanitarian issues in underserved and underprivileged areas.
All nonprofits are eligible to apply for a grant as long as they meet the following requirements:
- The organization in question must be an IEEE unit or a charitable organization;
- It must agree to IEEE’s Grant Reporting Guidelines (https://www.ieee.org/organizations/foundation/guidelines.html);
- It must accept the Foundation’s Grant Payment Terms & Conditions (https://www.ieee.org/organizations/foundation/requestgrantpayment.html);
- The project must be five years or less in duration; and,
- It must fit within one or more of IEEE’s focus areas (in this case, humanitarian).
You can find out more information at https://www.ieee.org/organizations/foundation/grants.html
You can take a look at the other opportunities by visiting the NPT Grant Finder.