We also have our usual assortment of articles on a wide variety of topics. Let's take a look at what you can expect in the newest edition of NPT:
- 2011 Giving Estimated At $298.42B: As mentioned above, this report takes an in-depth look at the recently released report from Giving USA, including which subsectors of giving did the best, and which did not.
- Consumers, i.e., Donors, Starting To Like Tumblr: Facebook and Twitter get all the attention, but some nonprofits are turning their attention to Tumblr, a popular micro-blogging site that has more visitors per month than even Craigslist or LinkedIn.
- Kansas Nonprofits Hit With New State Contract Provisions: Nonprofit service providers in Kansas face a new regulation imposed by the state’s Department of Social and Rehabilitation Services (SRS) that could place strict limitations on the ability to advocate and lobby officials.
- The Pitch: JDRF Makes The Case With Reality TV: The Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) made a recent appearance on AMC's "The Pitch." Read about how it went, and if the organization sees success in the reality TV show.
- We Can't Hear You Now: The numbers from Giving USA showed that donations by corporations declined by 0.1 percent in current dollars, or a 3.1 percent decline as measured by inflation-adjusted dollars. Our editor-in-chief, Paul Clolery, says it's time for for-profits to step up to the plate.
- Digital Stewardship: Nonprofit stewardship is not just about saying thank you, it’s about showing how you use your resources to further your mission and sharing the impact your constituents have towards it.