According to talk-show powerhouse Oprah Winfrey, all it took was a guy, a stage, a spotlight...and some killer dance moves.
The result: "Evolution of Dance," the little video that could... garner 60 million views on YouTube, that is, and notoriety as the most viewed video of all time on the user-generated site.
Just as Judson Laipply did with his shimmies and shakes through decades of popular dance moves --- including such flat-footed staples as the "running man" and the "roger rabbit" --- so can you. Here are some simple tips compliled by Collactive, which assists nonprofits, like Campaign for America's Future, with Web 2.0 technologies:
- Create a relevant, informative video
- Keep video short - preferably less than two minutes
- Select a catchy title and thumbnail shot, which is uaually the exact middle, or "center frame," of your video
- Choose a relevant niche category to got on "Most Viewed Today" list
- Target the "Most Viewed Today" lists, rather than "Top Rated," "Most Discussed," or "Top Favorites"
- Ask constituents to view and promote your video
-Marla E. Nobles